Are you looking for a unique snack to serve your guests? Try these creamy avocado roll-ups. This recipe incorporates cucumbers, avocados, and herbs to create a dish that shows off your cooking abilities.
- 3 English cucumbers
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup capers
- ½ teaspoons sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- Toothpicks or party spears
- Cut each cucumber in half lengthwise. Using a mandoline, slice the cucumbers into long, thin slices.
- Cut avocados in half, discarding the skin and pit. In a large bowl, mush the avocado until you get a slightly clumpy consistency. Add lemon juice, and mix until combined. Fold in capers, sea salt, pepper, parsley, and dill.
- Lay the cucumber slices flat, and add a few spoonfuls of avocado mixture. Begin rolling the cucumber, being careful to not squeeze out the avocado mixture (add more avocado spread, as needed). Use a toothpick to hold the roll-up together, and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Continue this process until all the avocado mixture is used, and serve immediately.
Read the original article on American Lifestyle